Jeremiah 1:4-9 NKJV Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying: (5) “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” (6) Then said I: “Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.” (7) But the LORD said to me: “Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’ For you shall go to all to whom I send you, And whatever I command you, you shall speak. (8) Do not be afraid of their faces, For I am with you to deliver you,” says the LORD. (9) Then the LORD put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the LORD said to me: “Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.
In Fearless Friday #239, we talked about not having to be afraid and influenced by the looks other people may give you for just saying and doing what is right. I shared about being intimidated by the frowns, scrunched eyebrows, and lofty “I know more than you” expressions of people I was ministering to… or at least attempting to minister to. Thankfully, my delivery has gotten better and I’ve learned that some people just look that way. Some folk are just going to frown no matter what your say. Some people just come predetermined to not listen, dislike the message, or to have a bad day.
Verse 8 says we don’t have to be afraid of their faces because God is with us. GLORY! That is reason enough not to fear, but let’s look at some more anyway. Here are 7 reasons you don’t have to fear people’s dirty looks, when you do what is right.
- God knows you. The Lord has intimate knowledge about who you are. He knows all about you; every strength and every weakness, and He still loves you and wants to use you.
- God has sanctified you. You have been set apart. You have been made Holy. That doesn’t mean you’re perfect. You were sanctified in Christ before the foundation of the world. You are being sanctified by the Holy Spirit through the Word. And you will be sanctified when you see Him as He is and reflect Him in every way.
- God has ordained you. You have a divine purpose and function 1 Pe4:10. God has Holy plans for you and has anointed you to do them. Because HE has ordained you to do them you can do them fearlessly.
- God is sending you. “You’re on a mission from God.” You can fearless go wherever and to whomever He is sending you. In Mark chapter 16, Jesus said He has sent you to the world. Everywhere you go, you are on a mission from God.
- God has given you a command. He’s called you, He’s anointed you, He’s sent you, and He’s told us to preach the Gospel and love as He loves us.
- Because God really is with you.
- God’s Word is in your mouth… and in your heart (Rom 10:8). He’ll speak through you if you’ll allow Him. Fill your heart with His Word and He’ll fill your mouth with it in the right moments so you’ll never have to fear people’s faces.
Jeremiah 1:8 BBE Have no fear because of them: for I am with you, to keep you safe, says the Lord.